Following Santa Claus
The Leadership Secrets of Santa Claus is a fun and engaging book offering leadership tips from one of our most-beloved Christmas characters. You may not have considered this, but Santa is both a manager and a leader with work to do, deadlines to meet, and elves and reindeer to lead. No matter the time of year, The Leadership Secrets of Santa Claus is packed full of solid leadership recommendations.
Santa’s best advice for running a holly, jolly business includes:
1. Build a wonderful workshop!
- Make the MISSION the MAIN THING
- Focus on your PEOPLE as well as your purpose
- Let VALUES be your guide
2. Choose your reindeer wisely!
- Hire TOUGH so you can manage EASY
- PROMOTE the right ones … for the right reasons
- Go for the DIVERSITY advantage
3. Make a list and check it twice!
- PLAN your work
- WORK your plan
- Make the MOST of what you have
4. Listen to the Elves!
- OPEN your ears to participation
- PAY ATTENTION to how you’re perceived
- Walk a while in THEIR shoes
5. Get beyond the red wagons!
- Help everyone accept the reality of CHANGE
- Remember: The CUSTOMER is really in charge
- TEACH “The Business” of the Business
6. Share the Milk and Cookies!
- Help them see the difference THEY make
- DO RIGHT by those who do right
- Expand the reinforcement POSSIBILITIES
7. Find out who’s naughty and nice!
- Confront performance problems…EARLY
- COACH “The Majority in the Middle”
- DON’T forget “The Super Stars”
8. Be Good for Goodness Sake!
- Set the EXAMPLE
- Establish GUIDELINES and accountability
- Remember that EVERYTHING counts
Never forget that getting big things done all year long isn’t about magic. It’s about leadership! Let Santa Claus lead you to happier employees, a cheerful office and successful deadlines throughout the year! Read The Leadership Secrets of Santa Claus and bring the jolly, holly leadership to your workplace today!
Eric Harvey is the author of 25 books, including the bestsellers Walk the Talk and Ethics 4 Everyone. He is the founder and president of the Walk the Talk Company.
Leave a Reply