Title Research Processor
Join our talented team as a Research Processor!
Lawyers Title of Kansas has been helping customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1975. We are a local family-owned business and believe our people are the key to our company’s continued success. We invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more! Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, comfortable using technology, and has a great attitude!
What is a Research Processor?
Someone who truly enjoys putting together puzzles! Every day is like putting together a new puzzle; the process may be the same, but the challenge is all the pieces. The best part of this position is that you may do the “same” job, but every day is different based on the workflow and projects – each project can take on a life of its own.
What You’ll Do:
- Search and examine public records to determine a property’s legal status of title
- Copy or summarize recorded documents which affect the condition of title to the property
- Draw and craft charts
- Mapping for legal descriptions
- Review reports for accuracy
- Other duties as assigned
What Qualifications and Skills You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Prior title research (or transferable knowledge), highly preferred
- Strong familiarity with titles and title insurance, preferred
- Basic geometry
- Analytical review skills
- Ability to stay focused on a single project for an extended period of time
- Ability to sit at a desk and process computer research for extended periods
- Extreme attention to details required
- Self-starter with the ability to process accurate work, meet deadlines and work independently
- Excellent problem solving, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to flex with changing circumstances
- Effective communicator (verbal, written and body language)
- Excellent customer service skills with a positive can-do attitude
- Proficient knowledge of software programs utilized (Microsoft Suite products and industry-specific products)
What are the Perks:
- Professionally casual environment
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- Retirement plan
The starting wage for this position is $12 per hour and flexible based on experience.
If you are looking for a unique challenge and a great team environment, we’d love to meet you! Apply today by emailing your resume and cover letter to HRteam@ScottHR.com.