Maintenance Technician (Commercial Real Estate)
Topeka’s largest commercial real estate firm is seeking an individual to provide minor maintenance services to their managed accounts. The successful applicant will be a self-starter and comfortable working with a number of people, excellent customer service, and a proven track record is a must. Experience in building maintenance including plumbing, electrical, lighting, and HVAC is a plus. Full-time position daily from 7:30 to 4:30 Monday through Friday. This job provides competitive wages. Applicant must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
The Right Way, The First Time, Every Time
Kansas Commercial Real Estate Services, Inc. leases and manages commercial real estate in Topeka and NE Kansas for corporate, institutional and individual customers. We are dedicated to providing the best possible commercial real estate experience for our customers. If this sounds like you, apply today!
We are a professional environment that engages with co-workers to build a work-family atmosphere. This opportunity engages with the public, along with staff interactions and TEAM work, while balancing a variety of tasks that contributes to the Topeka business community.
A day in the life of a Maintenance Tech:
- Maintain the upkeep of the building and surrounding areas of the property to ensure proper function, safety, and security of the space
- Maintain a To-Do List of repairs to help to prioritize and to stay on task
- Respond to the day-to-day maintenance of buildings
- Perform routine maintenance around the building such as fix structural damage, i.e.: window, door, or wall repair
- Repair broken or leaking plumbing to avoid water damage and restore full use of water fixtures
- Maintain the building HVAC equipment in order to keep climate control in the facility functioning properly
- Apply preventative measures to the building to reduce the risk of future problems
- Fix potential safety hazards to avoid injuries
- Ability to work independently without much direction
- Strong communication skills
- High energy
Minimum of 5 years experienced maintenance technician in the areas of:
- Plumbing – address and fix leaks, clogs, or other drainage problems
- HVAC – servicing systems for proper functioning, maintaining regularly scheduled filter changes, cleaning of systems, including refrigeration, and proper functioning and settings of thermostats.
- Carpentry – handle basic repairs around the building
- Certifications in any of these areas are helpful, but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with employees or residents of the building, communicating in a pleasant manner
- Strong attention to detail to ensure jobs are prioritized and completed timely; paying attention to completing them in an exemplary manner to ensure potential hazards or warning signs of problems are not overlooked
- Physical stamina to handle a full shift of being active and working on the building