Director of Business Development
Unparalleled benefits in the healthcare community
KHIN dba KONZA builds upon a proven model for the development of the technical infrastructure necessary to enable sharing of clinical information at the point of care while supporting transformative value-based payment models, care management, and data analytics. Patients, physicians, healthcare facilities, and other healthcare providers from across the country benefit from KONZA’s delivery of unequaled actionable intelligence.
KONZA is deeply committed to connecting health care providers, patients, health plans, and our technology partners together to organize health care data into information that will drive health care transformation.
KHIN’s mission is to improve healthcare quality, coordination, and efficiency through the exchange of health information at the point of care utilizing a secure electronic network provided by a collaboration of healthcare organizations.
Our workforce is nearly 100% remote. We stay connected and engaged while analyzing data to transform healthcare.
- Group health and dental insurance, KONZA contributes 85% of the premiums
- 401k Fidelity; up to 5%
- Company-paid Life insurance and Long-Term disability
- FSA or HSA (with employer contributions) based on which plan
A day in the life of a Business Development Director
- Leadership to States with Supported Health Information Exchanges including KS, MO, LA, MS, SC, GA, CT, NJ, and CA.
- Provide support to state executives as needed.
- Support the development of marketing materials and marketing efforts.
- Establish regular conference and/or meeting schedules.
- Organize opportunities to provide education and outreach support.
- Attend meetings with state executives as needed.
- Attend trade shows and other events to support state executives.
- Establish relationships with state and national leaders of health systems, insurance companies, ONC, CMS, and other emerging leadership organizations (TEFCA, Carequality, eHI, eHealth Exchange), etc.
- Meet with healthcare providers to demonstrate product functionality and answer questions.
- Strategy and Outreach
- Work with marketing team to identify a national marketing strategy on an annual basis. Implement, measure use and results.
- Track and monitor new members by state and adjust marketing as needed.
- Evaluate and change processes as necessary to reflect market trends, ensure high levels of quality, accuracy, and consistency in marketing, contracting, education and outreach.
- Demonstrate knowledge, expertise, and utilization of CRM Product and support its use across the company.
- Establish regular schedules for product demonstration and ensure webinars are effective, accurate, and timely.
- Internal Support
- Work with contracts and billing to ensure accuracy.
- Work with Project Management to ensure a smooth transition from sales to integration.
- Work with Quality Managers to update HQInsight metrics to reflect customer needs.
- Communicate closely with senior leadership.
- Manage grants and funding as requested.
Business Development Director attributes and skills:
- Enjoy solving difficult problems
- Able to come up with creative solutions
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Be 100% committed (personal growth, professional image, believe in the company, products, and clients)
- Able to remain calm in pressure situations
Business Development Director qualifications
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in health or business-related field
- Master’s degree in business or health-related field, preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years working with technology products, including EHRs and HIE’s
- Minimum of three (3) years working with health care organizations
- Demonstrates advanced/proficient skills to plan, manage, problem solve and mitigate risk in the deployment of applications and work processes
- Ability to work independently with little direction
- Able to prioritize work according to deadlines and organizational initiatives to produce assigned outcomes
- Highly developed problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the organization and clearly articulate business needs to internal partners and external vendors