Kansas Health Information Network, Inc. is looking for a talented and hard-working individual to join a great Information Technology Team. You will have an opportunity to make a big impact as part of the team that is building and standardizing the health information technology platform at the KHIN. Your role will focus on the implementation and support of HL7 interfaces between 3rd party systems and the KHIN technology stack. This role will design, build, test, and support HL7 interfaces. We are looking for individuals with direct work history with interface engines.
Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for assisting with the strategic, organizational objectives by creating enterprise data integration and interface capabilities that support our members and the organization’s analytics architectural vision. In addition, the position supports state and federal data reporting and assists healthcare providers through data transport and validation.
- Provides, develops, and implements data interface solutions and services covering data structures and data quality.
- Provides guidance in implementing data Interface architecture at various stages of the project.
- Assists with developing and validating the proposed Interface architecture to support the stated and implied organizational requirements of a project.
- Provides support and leadership implementing product upgrades and ensures interfaces and integration are properly upgraded and tested
- Provides expertise and guides the appropriate use of best practices for clinical Interface/Integration processes and solutions.
- Analyzes Interface requirements to determine the feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Consults with project managers and end-users to determine the operational and performance requirements of overall system integration.
- Utilizes integration platform software to accomplish most interface needs
- Develops and implements procedures and documentation for Interface testing, data validation, and training.
- Assists with establishing Interface requirements, practice standards, and processes.
- Coordinates testing, installation, and commissioning of Interfaces within the enterprise framework.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements Employment Requirements
- Associate degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience working with an IT department Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- HL7 experience
- Highly developed problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables
- Strong ability to see business needs from the user point of view and translate those needs into a technical solution
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to learn Various EMR and Ancillary Software products to enhance support and updating in existing interfaces
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the organization and clearly articulate business needs to internal partners and external vendors
- Ability to communicate in the English language for effective written and verbal correspondence in order to complete job functions as mentioned above.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in Healthcare Integration/ Interface Engines and middleware – developing and implementing simple to complex interface and integrations
- Strong knowledge of Healthcare EMR, Laboratory, Radiology, Emergency Department. Document-management, Biomedical and Pharmacy software, and best practices for interfaces between applications and integrations that tie workflow and data flow between multiple applications – on a real-time basis.
- HL7 Expert and experience in Healthcare Information Technology. Preferred experience with current interface Engines – EG: Corepoint, Rhapsody, Cloverleaf, Mirth • Awareness of current trends in Healthcare Interoperability – HL7 V2, CCDA, Web Services, HL7 V3. HIE concepts, FHIR, and Experience in Challenging Healthcare Integration and interface development environments.
- Experience building HL7 interfaces from concept to design, build, test, implementation, and support.
- Healthcare Clinical experience