Facilities Support Staff (Part-Time Custodian)
Fellowship Bible Church is seeking to hire a part-time Facilities Team Member (Custodian) to meet our growing needs. Do you take initiative to “gets things done”? Do you have a servant’s heart and a strong teamwork ethic? Do you feel joy when others arrive and feel welcomed? If you are thinking yes, yes, yes, and would enjoy connecting with a fun ministry team then this role is for YOU! Our ideal new team member is an organized, self-starter and seeks to help each ministry team do what they do best with excellent facilities.
Helping People find and follow Jesus Christ
If you have a passion for helping people and enjoy working with a fun ministry team, then Fellowship Bible Church is the place for you!
Who We Are
In 1997, God began a new work in Topeka through a few families from Topeka Bible Church. At that time, the Fellowship family met in various school auditoriums. In 2000, 70 people sacrificed to build the previous facility at 17th and Indian Hills. Eight years later, Fellowship built again and we are in the current facility at 10th and Urish. Fellowship’s mission is to help people find and follow Jesus Christ, our vision is to see transformed lives leaving a godly legacy, and our values are God, His Word, and people. Fellowship serves over 4,000 members throughout the week with daily events, gatherings and three weekend services. To learn more about Fellowship Bible Church, visit: www.fbctopeka.com
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Supervisor in determining routine cleaning schedule.
- Operate and maintain custodial equipment.
- Communicate custodial supply inventory needs to Supervisor.
- Communicate consumer supply (paper towels, hand soap, etc.) needs to Supervisor.
- Understand and plan work to facilitate the Facility Needs of Fellowship ministries.
- Tear down and set up tables and chairs to meet a continually changing schedule of activities.
- Be responsible for clearing entrance sidewalks and steps of snow and ice when necessary.
- Present a clean personal appearance.
- Show flexibility in dealing with a changing event schedule.
- Treat those who enter the Fellowship environment with friendliness, courtesy, and respect.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
- A commitment to the local church is expressed through involvement.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to effectively and efficiently accomplish tasks with excellence.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards, safety precautions, hazardous materials, and proper ways to perform the assigned duties
- Computer skills to communicate with other staff and to follow and check schedules and inventories.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Self-starter who makes wise use of time on task when working alone.
- High school diploma.
- Commit to personal growth
- Must have a heart for the ministry of Fellowship
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with leadership and members in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner
- Ability to multi-task, manage shifting priorities, and use good time management skills in fast pace setting
- Consistently be a role model and set an example for others to follow
Mon-Fri, 7 a.m. – noon AND every other Saturday, 4 p.m. – 7 pm.
To apply submit your resume and complete this form: https://form.typeform.com/to/vyyxdDYw