Part-Time Elementary Coordinator
Helping children find and follow Jesus Christ
If you have a passion for children and enjoy working with a fun ministry team, then Fellowship Bible Church is the place for you! We are looking for a joyful individual who wants to see children established in their faith on a transforming journey with Christ. Our ideal new team member is relational, flexible, and team-oriented.
Who We Are
In 1997, God began a new work in Topeka through a few families. At that time, the Fellowship family met in various school auditoriums. In 2000, 70 people sacrificed to build the previous facility at 17th and Indian Hills. Eight years later, Fellowship built again, and we are in the current facility at 10th and Urish. Fellowship’s mission is to help people find and follow Jesus Christ, our vision is to see transformed lives leaving a godly legacy, and our values are God, His Word, and people.
Children’s Ministry at Fellowship Bible Church is a joyful and fast-paced environment where we strive together as a team to help children find and follow Jesus Christ. We work together with the Family Ministry Team and alongside the entire Fellowship staff team to encourage and support one another and to live out faith authentically as we each grow in our relationship with the Lord and develop as a leader. We encourage growth that will challenge, encourage, and refresh staff personally, as well as the respective ministries of involvement.
This is a part-time position working 29 hours per week. The schedule can be flexible during the week, except for the Tuesday morning staff meeting at 9:00 a.m., for which attendance is required. Weekends are also required (42 weekends each year).
A Weekday in the Life of the Elementary Coordinator
- Recruit, train, and support small group leaders who volunteer in the elementary portion of the Children’s Ministry. Meet with volunteers to equip and encourage.
- Set up environments of disciple-making, safety, cleanliness, and fun while creatively presenting the Gospel in various ways.
- Set up rooms and spaces for children and volunteers ensuring all supplies and curriculum are present.
- Assist ministry efforts to reach and disciple children in kindergarten through 6th grades.
- Coordinate leaders to meet the needs of elementary-aged children.
- Maintain inventory of equipment, collecting/arranging for the purchase of event supplies.
- Attend weekly all-staff meetings.
- Regular meetings with Children’s Director and Children’s Team.
- Regular meetings with Worship Arts Associate, Associate Tech Director, and Children’s Director.
A Weekend in the Life of the Elementary Coordinator
- Oversee weekend services for elementary-age children, ensuring that proper procedures for welcoming and supervising kids are followed.
- Be a point of contact for children, parents, and volunteers for kindergarten through 6th grade and assist the Children’s Director when needs arise.
- Help recruit small group leaders and other volunteers to serve during the weekend.
- Serve 42 weekends each year.
- Be available during weekend services for needs that arise in all areas of Children’s Ministry.
- Communicate with Security and Facilities needs during services.
Annual Responsibilities of the Elementary Coordinator
- Work with Student Ministry staff and Children’s Director to coordinate the transition of 6th-grade students to 7th grade.
- Help plan and implement all church events where elementary students are present, such as:
- Super Kids Super Kamp: Our annual weeklong camp each summer. Super Kids Super Kamp is for our elementary students going into 1st-6th grade.
- Mountain Trip: This is our annual trip each June for our 6th-grade students promoting into Student Ministry in the fall.
- On Belay Nights: These are events for the entire family with their children.
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- Leads and staffs Underground Church for 5th and 6th-grade students. Underground Church is an annual event for our 5th and 6th-grade students one evening each year to gain an understanding of those that are unable to publicly worship Jesus.
Elementary Coordinator Attributes and Skills
- Ability to network and build relationships within the Fellowship community
- A commitment to the local church expressed through involvement
- Required to exercise creativity and sound judgment without close supervision
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to accomplish tasks effectively and efficiently with excellence
- Proficient use of the English language
- Efficient, caring, and discerning
- Commitment to personal growth
- Must have a heart for the ministry of Fellowship
- Demonstrate an ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ through regular prayer, Bible Study, and worship attendance
- Strong administrative, and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all leadership and members in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner
- Ability to multi-task, manage shifting priorities, and use good time management skills in fast pace setting
- Consistently be a role model and set an example for others to follow
Elementary Coordinator Qualifications
- Two years of education post-high school, required
- Two years of experience teaching or working directly with children, required
- Effective communicator (verbal, written, and body language)
- Successful experience leading staff and motivating a team
- Ability to prioritize and manage their own work and the work of others to accomplish the tasks effectively and efficiently with excellence
- Commitment to Personal Growth
Applicants should also take this assessment.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $12.00 per hour