Digital Space Coordinator
Helping People find and follow Jesus Christ
If you have a passion for helping people and enjoy working with a fun ministry team, then Fellowship Bible Church is the place for you! We are looking for an individual who can develop plans for what to do and when to do it in order to help people take their next steps via the digital sphere. Our ideal new team member is a leader, loves people and building relationships, a great communicator, and is organized.
Who We Are
In 1997, God began a new work in Topeka through a few families from Topeka Bible Church. At that time, the Fellowship family met in various school auditoriums. In 2000, 70 people sacrificed to build the previous facility at 17th and Indian Hills. Eight years later, Fellowship built again and we are in the current facility at 10th and Urish. Fellowship’s mission is to help people find and follow Jesus Christ, our vision is to see transformed lives leaving a godly legacy, and our values are God, His Word, and people.
This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week. We are flexible (one day off Monday-Friday), and the employee must be available for ministry work outside of 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. Ten weekends away are allowed during the calendar year.
- BCBS health and dental insurance; employee only 100% paid by Fellowship
- 9 paid holidays
A Day in the Life of the Digital Space Coordinator
- Study trends and research to understand where people are gathering digitally and what methods work to engage with people in those settings. Learn and refine strategy and plans via experimentation.
- Develop plans for what to do and when to do it in order to help people take their next steps via the digital sphere.
- Build relationships and work with ministry leaders to help leaders create content for the digital sphere by sharing research, best practices, and helpful feedback.
- Create and curate content from various ministries and the church at large for distribution in the digital sphere.
- Manage social media, website, church app, and other digitally-facing avenues for various ministries to present first impressions that accurately represent the culture of Fellowship.
- Assist the Communications Director with Fall and Spring launch seasons, developing a plan for the lead-up and for maintaining awareness of seasonal programming.
- Oversee and manage digital advertising budget and other areas as assigned.
Digital Space Coordinator Attributes and Skills
- Enthusiasm for the digital space
- Positive team player that is comfortable interacting with a wide variety of people
- Creative and flexible
- Excellent listening and relationship building skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Digital Space Coordinator Qualifications
- 1-2 years professional experience in digital communications and strategy
- Knowledge of digital platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong social media and research skills
- Flexible and a curious mind
- Effective communicator (verbal, written, and body language)
- Successful experience leading staff and motivating teams
- Ability to prioritize and manage their own work and the work of others to effectively and efficiently accomplish the tasks with excellence
- Commitment to Personal Growth