Senior Civil Engineer, Hydraulic Modeler Engineer
Why join our team?
We are a family-focused company that meets the expectations of our clients. Creating a We State of Mind through Commitment, Collaboration, and Cooperation. We are committed to unity, being reliable and responsive, working together, being cost-efficient, and finding creative solutions while serving our community.
DuBois Consultants, Inc. is a small business headquartered in Kansas City, MO. DuBois is a leading full-service Civil and Structural Engineering firm that focuses on Water Infrastructure, Transmission and Distribution, Sub-Station Design, and Renewable Energy for the purpose of improving the communities in which we serve.
Senior Civil Engineer
This job is located in Kansas City, Missouri, and the applicant must be willing to relocate there. Relocation assistance will be provided.
Experienced Civil Engineer Summary:
We are currently seeking a talented civil engineer with 7 to 10 years of experience to join our civil engineering department and support and lead civil engineering projects. The selected candidate will assist in the marketing, study, and design of Water Infrastructure and Wastewater Collection systems projects as well as commercial construction projects.
A Day in the Life of an Experienced Civil Engineer:
- Proven ability to lead and mentor junior staff.
- Work with a multi-discipline team of engineers and technicians in the design of municipal water distribution and sewer collection system pipeline design as well as the contractors and construction staff on design/build projects.
- Review vendor and contractor shop drawings.
- Prepare and present technical reports.
- Manage engineering design and document production.
- Lead and manage multiple projects of small, medium, and large scale.
- Provide QAQC of projects.
- Meet with and present to peers and clients.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil or related Engineering Technology Degree from an ABET-accredited program
- Certification as an Envision Sustainability Professional (ENV SP) is a plus
- Candidate must have technical skill sets in any of the following areas: civil site development, site grading, utilities, hydrology, and hydraulics
- Experience with green infrastructure projects a plus
- Candidate must have experience in the preparation of contract documents and the production of plans and specifications
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Must be proficient in Civil 3D software
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, GIS, Civil 3D, InfoWorks, XP-SWMM, and/or HEC-RAS a plus
- Must have the ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government, and public contracts on project-related matters
- Professional engineer license
- Experienced in creating and developing department procedures that streamline production
- Ability to perform quality reviews of detailed engineering documents and specifications
- Passed FE Exam required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 – $120,000.00 per year
If interested, email your resume and wage requirements to HRteam@ScottHR.com.
Hydraulic Modeler Engineer Collection Systems
DuBois is seeking to add an experienced team member to support multiple projects in our community and other communities. This is an exciting opportunity to forge new Water Infrastructure and Energy related projects.
- Group health insurance (RX & Dental)
- Company provided life insurance
- PTO & Holidays paid
- Retirement plan
- Flexible schedule with the potential for two days per week to work remotely
Hydraulic Modeler Engineer Qualifications:
- Collection System Modeling in InfoWorks ICM: 1-3 years, required
- Civil engineering: 3 to 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Required)
- Fundamentals of Engineering (Required)
- Experience in project management/leading a team will be considered a plus
A Day in the Life of a Hydraulic Modeler Engineer:
- Include but are not limited to collection system modeling, green infrastructure modeling, and other analysis needed to support collection system planning, analysis, and operation.
- Executes complex assignments requiring the use of advanced techniques, resulting in the development of new or improved processes, equipment, and/or technological methods. Progressive design and planning responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hydraulic Modeler Engineer Skills:
- Participate in InfoWorks ICM collection system hydraulic model development, updates, calibration, and analysis.
- Use the hydraulic model for system assessment, design support, and planning. Supports modeling analysis with data analytics.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills are required as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Hydraulic Modeler Engineer Qualifications:
- Experience using hydraulic modeling software and understanding of open channel flow hydraulics.
- Familiarity with MS Excel and ESRI ArcGIS data analysis preferred.
- This position requires an individual capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to broad areas of assignments.