Consumer Loan Underwriter
K-State Credit Union has been closing loans and opening doors since 1946! For over 70 years, we have existed and followed the model of “Not for profit, not for charity but for service.” We are hiring a Consumer Loan Underwriter to service our members. We love to make loans and match our member’s needs to our available solutions. Our Consumer Loan Underwriter understands that everyone’s situation is unique, they take a personal approach striving to provide the financing that will guide our members forward. If you are curious, confident, creative and a great communicator looking for a culture and organization that puts people first…then we want to meet YOU! Common Bond…Common Sense…We connect our community to unmatched banking value, backed by passionate service – because what’s good for our neighbors is good for us all. Want to get going on YOUR next adventure?
Consumer Loan Underwriter
What’s a day in the life of a Consumer Loan Underwriter?
• Develop a member call list using lead lists generated internally to increase clientele in addition to loan applications
• Interview member loan applicants to determine their borrowing needs, explain loan programs, evaluate needs, and recommend loan options
• Review loan applications submitted by Branch Manager for a credit decision
• Analyze the current financial position of members to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money. Make a decision to approve, disapprove or forward loan request to higher levels for decision
• Participate in sales development activities to meet scorecard objectives
• Prepare and/or review all loan documents for compliance and completeness
• Follows current loans to ensure compliance with terms and coordinates with collections
• Participate in ongoing education to stay current on present trends in consumer lending
• Establish terms and conditions of an approved loan and review with members
• Complies with applicable laws and regulations
• Represent the Credit Union in various community events
• Maintain confidentiality in all K-State Credit Union and member matters
• Present a positive image of the K-State Credit Union through professional appearance and courteous attitude
What skills and abilities are we looking for in our next Consumer Loan Underwriter?
• Bachelor’s degree or related experience in a financial institution required
• Two years of consumer lending or underwriting experience required
• Ability to think critically including evaluating facts and data to draw conclusions
• Strong negotiation and analytical skills, ability to make sound lending decisions
• Highly effective communicator and multi-tasker with strong time-management and organizational skills
• Significant levels of trust and diplomacy, in addition to normal courtesy and tact, required
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Strong work ethic with a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, with a positive, can-do attitude
• Prior experience using internal data entry systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PDF/Document Retention programs
• Ability to operate basic office machines (calculator, computer, telephone, copy machine, fax machine, etc.)
We work hard, have fun, and win for our members. Are YOU ready to take the next step with K-State Credit Union?
Apply today by emailing your resume and cover letter to HRteam@ScottHR.com.