Optimum Health Family Practice has been serving Topeka since 1993. We support our patients to achieve optimum health with the goal of reducing chronic disease risk and develop treatment plans to reduce or manage the current disease while ultimately minimizing the necessity of prescribed drugs.
Why do you want to work here?
- We provide exceptional patient care with compassion positive work environment
- Clinic hours are standard business days (no weekends or holidays)
- Excellent leadership
- Great opportunity to learn
Medical Assistant, about 30 hours a week
- Greet and prepare patients for physician exam
- Collect patient history
- Perform general nursing care
- Dispense and administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards
- Observe, record and report patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments
- Efficiently document medical information utilizing proper protocols and policies
- Prepare equipment and aid providers during treatment, exam, and testing
- Phone duties-call patients back, RX refills
- Certificate of Medical Assisting required
- Clinical medical experience preferred
- Exceptional patient care
- Communication skills
- Strong computer and data entry skills
- Familiarity with EMR preferred
- Ability to interpret and communicate data relevant to patients’ needs and responses to care
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 7:15 a.m. – 5:15 p.m. (1-hour lunch); some Thursdays: 12:15 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. and off most Fridays. Flexibility is essential, as the end of the day varies on patient appointments and provider schedules.
Email resume and cover letter to Hiring@ScottHR.com. The cover letter must include wage requirements.