KHIN is seeking to hire a Project Manager to become an integral part of our team. Responsibilities include day to day support of our clients’ services, networks, computers, and industry-specific software.
The Kansas Health Information Network (KHIN) Project Manager plays an important role in the success of KHIN and its partners. KHIN is a fast-paced, energetic environment.
The Project Manager position is on the cutting edge of implementation of the health information exchange in Kansas and across the nation.
The Project Manager:
- Determines relevant tasks, dependencies, and resources for assigned projects.
- Works with hospitals, eligible providers’ offices, and other organizations to share health care data.
- Helps assemble tasks into project plans that assign objectives, timelines, and responsible parties.
- Oversees the technology installation process and assures necessary training and supports are available.
- Covers all aspects of project planning and execution.
- Schedules and facilitates project meetings including both internal and external meetings; documents, communicates, and properly stores all notes and issues.
- Ensures all meetings are properly prepared for and documented.
- Ensures results of meetings are communicated; issues are identified, addressed, and/or escalated as appropriate.
- Works with SSI staff and participants on the statement of work and facilitates the approval process.
- Identifies, tracks, and mitigates all project risks.
- Works with SSI staff to ensure that all participant expectations are met.
- Works with SSI staff and participants to complete data acceptance testing.
- Provides regular progress updates and feedback to the Vice President of Provider Solutions and KHIN Leadership.
Project Planning and Reporting:
- Works with SSI and participant through all phases and aspects of CareAlign implementation to the go-live date and provides ongoing support.
- Maintains detailed and up-to-date project plans with resources necessary and dates.
- Communicates regularly with SSI and participants on the implementation timeline and dates.
- Defines and helps to secure all resources needed to deliver all phases of CareAlign on time, on scope, and within budget.
- Assists participants in running their implementation so that a successful go-live is attained.
- Ensures all testing issues are assigned, tracked, and completed on time.
- Communicates with participants on upcoming changes to data, upgrades, downtimes, etc.
- Leverages best practices from inception, through the support of documents, reports, and processes.
- Works with colleagues and peers to ensure that the best work products are being created, maintained, and leveraged.
What Knowledge, Experience, and Education You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Health Information Management or related field, or equivalent experience required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required within the first year
- Experience in a technical/customer service/health care environment required
- Experience (3-5 years) in a project management role in complex business and systems environments (preferably in the healthcare arena) required
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong business analysis, problem-solving, interpersonal, customer management, and project management skills
- Project Management software experience
- Ability to learn how information systems are used in healthcare
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced culture
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple parallel projects
- Ability to work well with others (team player)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision